Background

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

El Salvador Day #14


Day #14 Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This morning we woke up to a breakfast of chicken biscuits and pancakes! It was SO good. We are definitely getting spoiled here with these home cooked meals three times a day!

We met up with the virginia team at El Shaddai church and then went with them to do a devotional at the worksite before they started the building for the day. After the devo, Angie, Bailey, Olivia, and I went back to the squatter village with the VA group to help with the clinic they were doing and to help a family move to a larger space of land. The woman whose house we were building apparently burned a fire to cook her food inside of the house. So, most of the bamboo that was used for the walls was covered in soot. I looked like I was a chimney sweep by the time we were done moving the house! 

After we moved everything, it was time for lunch and our crew headed back to the house to join everybody for some steak and rice. Then we went back to Children of the Future at New Jerusalem. Victor Andreas was back and taught us how to make more bracelets. Unfortunately, the Gringos took forever to finish ours! While I was making my bracelet I was watching Rosa make her craft with the younger kids. I decided that I wanted to give her my bracelet when I finished and I started praying over her while I was making the bracelet. There is just something about that girl that grabs my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment